Thursday, February 6, 2014

Word on the street

Good morning all!
Thank you for the concern through inboxes and people praying WITH  me and for me on the phone. So there is no confusion, listen and read carefully:
Geechie Gurl Inc staying alive depends solely on whether the FedEx grant is won. I am no longer able to dedicate all my energy and time to the nonprofit without being guaranteed a salary. And YES I do deserve a salary for the work I do.
No grant means no further services will be offered. I have scrubbed toilets and picked  up after "rich folk" here and there to do what I needed to do. I am no stranger to hard work and I do it quite well. I simply choose not to struggle anymore or compete with trivial things/people getting funded yet things of substance go overlooked. Who knew ratchet was the way to go for being able to sustain yourself? Oh well. I would've never imagined having my life being flipped upside down like this for standing up and being an advocate for my students but that is the only way the nonsense at the bottom could fall out. I have no regrets. I showed myself and my son how to go for it! Thanking God for covering us that we only got a small taste of what millions of homeless go through everyday.
So that's the deal. No need to assume or wonder. If we win the grant, then we will see you on the other side! If not, thank you for almost 4 yrs!
Smooches & one last forkful of red rice
♥♥♥

2 comments:

  1. I pray that the grant comes through and that BIGGER and BRIGHTER things are in place for Geechie Gurl and YOU in the near future.

    ReplyDelete