Saturday, May 11, 2013

Minding my own doggone business!

Today would've really been a great day for the Mother's Day Market...it was sunny, cool and just plain beautiful. I try not to get too sad about not having participation but I'm human so yeah I'm disappointed HOWEVER I'm really starting to believe these things don't turn out the way I see them in my head because maybe, just maybe I'm thinking too small.
I'm looking at the kind of people I've met over just the past 2 yrs in casual scenarios and I'm simply in awe...these are some real deal movers and shakers that have you doing double takes when you're looking at tv! Did I just see who I thought I saw?? Either they are in the spotlight because of an accomplishment  or making the spotlight happen for someone else. Mind you I'm a HUGE HUGE fan of behind the scenes...from the planning all the way to the wardrobe! Folks have to bribe me to put on heels and makeup...I'm just a jeans, hat and tennis shoes kinda chick. I can get more work done in that sacred attire! Surely Im not meeting these souls just by chance! There's something very divine about this journey I'm on. So in order to evaluate things and move forward, I'm calling myself out on several things: *putting on white lab coat and reading glasses*
1. Your leaps of faith have turned into skips recently because of a few setbacks...get that together cuz ya trippin'!
2. Stop it with the 24/7 grind! 23/6 is just as good. I know you're all E Diddy and thangs but please go sit down somewhere and unwind with friends! Why have the coolest friends on earth and not be able to enjoy them?
3. We've already established and see not everybody is going to like what you do simply because it's you! Build you a very lil bridge...so you can get over it expeditiously.
4. While you are doing all this stuff for this and that person, where are WE on this list? Im just sayin..it comes with the nonprofit territory but err umm can we please at least get our eyebrows done? Smh
5. Remember that logo? The one with the mouth? Yeah...open yours up and ask for help and stop being so "I have to show people I'm a hardworker." The right people see that already! Isn't that how you met them in the first place? Do you remember some of the ways God showed up and showed out through you? This is why people felt we should meet these movers & shakers...cuz WE move n shake TOO! sheesh Now let them know what we need help with and let that show them we're also confident in everything we dream of doing!
6. Built ya lil bridge yet? Just checking *side eye*
Listen...every now and then you have to mind your own business and call yourself on the carpet about some stuff. Don't make excuses or pass the blame. We are all grown. Plus we would have an attitudinal dissertation complete with a dramatic conclusion that may or may not involve the snapping of a huge floral fan if someone else pointed out the truth. It's time to pour some tea for ourselves...party of one please!
Respect your OWN sway!
Smooches!

No comments:

Post a Comment