Sunday, February 15, 2015

Sunday Soul Food

I have the audacity to know my past pain will never win as long as I use it to empathize and uplift those who encounter the same path. I am winning because I dance in the rain.

How many times has someone expressed a time of grief you can relate to and you simply say I am praying for you, you pray, then go on about your day? See if there is a step further you can take by offering tools and strategies you used to work your way through. Approach it from a "how can I help you get through it too" instead of..."me me me me I I I..."
If you don't know what that means, you may still have some growing to do. Just keep it at prayers. If this has you nodding your head, we are here! **pointing from my eyes to yours**
Process the jewel called wisdom that is hidden inside of your most painful moments and arm yourself with it to battle misery and trouble that will try its hand at knocking down those around you.
#SmoochesNRedRiceđź’‹
Erica Alcox
CEO/Founder
Geechie Gurl Inc
www.geechiegurl.org
Instagram: @geechiegurltm

No comments:

Post a Comment