Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Sweet Chariot...window seat?

In 11 days, me and my crew will be there to impact some lives!!
We will crown our 2015 Miss Natural KnotStar.
We will makeover some mindsets of girls at midnight.
We will show them HOW to choose themselves and their worth FIRST.
We will have a good time doing it!
Why just focusing on the girls? Because right now, that is where a major shift os needed. Boys do things to impress girls. Girls raise their standards. Boys follow to meet them. Ya dig?
What I find bizarre is the silence of adults to share the information. It's an intriguing yet disheartening state of mind to witness. I can't count how many times parents, aunta, uncles, etc request help for the young people they are responsible for who may have lost their way. They request prayers and look to the heavens for some sign or angel to descend and fix everything. I don't say this to riducule anyone's belief or level of faith. I mean, I am that person who stepped out on faith to leave direct deposit and pursue my dream so prayer is a frequent and consistent tool. HOWEVER, I do know that my actions are what delivers the request I prayed for to my doorstep. How is it that so many people decide to just sit and wait on their window seat on the "Sweet Chariot" that swings low to take them where they need to be? I am so confused. But confusion never leads to ceasing my efforts. So with that being said, I continue to encourage and push myself to do what I know is in me to do. I am so stankin excited!! Lol
Yall Aevin Dugas is supporting this! Seriously!! *squeals*
I am posting my lil heart away!! *twirls*
Everytime I post, it is me declaring war on the very things that have our young girls jacked up and preventing them from being who they aspire to be. Everytime you share, you join the fight to uplift and guide our youth. Let's go!

Erica Alcox
CEO/Founder
Geechie Gurl Inc
www.geechiegurl.org
Instagram: @geechiegurltm
#SmoochesNRedRiceđź’‹

No comments:

Post a Comment