Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Talk to Me Tuesday





Today was sooooo cool...no literally..I had a jacket on. lol The a/c was on full blast in my apartment as I pack up to move on to other things in Atl. Georgia Power I'm sure will be pleased! Oh well, at least I get to sport my favorite leather jacket a little longer..the simple pleasures. Ahhh. This jacket always gets attention when I wear it. For one, it's white. Not too many of those sighted on a daily basis. Then it has this humongous pair of lips painted alllll over the front of it....then on the back is a gorgeous painting of my favorite motivator...Gigi! This was a birthday gift to me from a young artist by the name SOSI...he is talented beyond measure and I couldn't imagine his work not being in an art gallery or on every wall in every structure on this planet. He has a gift. The first time I met him was at a coffee shop and his aunt brought him to meet me. He was very shy and quiet and had a bag with a few of his pieces in it. I was instantly impressed...THEN he takes out a shirt..and he has Gigi painted on the front. When I turn it over, it's the back of Gigi and there's a story handwritten in paint in her hair! When I read it, it brought me to tears. This young man had written words that described what I had been going through for months and pretty much gave me the comfort I needed to keep pushing forward! Oh my sinuses were all messed up! lol I had to let him know I wasn't crazy first of all...I think I caught him off guard. I'm a very sentimental and sensitive person so when the 2 of those things cross, OH! Flood gates..lol.

Needless to say I network with him for different things and also guide him with some business tips I learned along the way. I don't mind doing either because he wants to fulfill his dream of doing his art. So many times we tend to be our worst dream killer...why? Self mutilation is not sexy at all. Who has told us this lie that being smart or adventurous or different was not the way to be? Show me this troublemaker so I can pluck them square in betwixt da eyes! Ugh!

I had the opportunity to share another one of MY dreams with 2 people ..1 who I've known almost 2 yrs, the other a little over 2 months. These people have been the saving grace for my drive more times than most people who've been taking up space and oxygen in my life for YEARS! Not only have they encouraged me, but they've shown me their support. Word of mouth, time, energy, skill...these are resources that far outweigh the dollar bill. These are the things that help make a way out of no way! This dream that I shared has been on my mind since 1991...even drew out a plan for it...then I stopped feeding it. Why? Distractions. Doubt. Excuses. Life. I learned tonight that when you share a dream with someone you trust, it holds you accountable. Very different from the "create in silence" rule...when you know folks support you 110% and they invest themselves (not just a monetary thing) in your projects, it's ok. They've shown you what they're working with and that trust is good. Dust off that old notebook you doodled plans in..uncrumple that napkin you did a quick sketch on...find that cassette tape you sang a few bars on (hurry and get that transferred to cd please and thank you smh..need u to do better but babysteps so I'll back off lol). Get out of your own way and just go for it, maaaannnnn!!! Seriously! They've got DVR now so you won't have to miss your favorite shows..lol It's your turn to show YOU what you're workin' with!

Let me know what happens! *sittin back in recliner waiting*

No comments:

Post a Comment