Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Lord giveth...

Even when He taketh away. How many times have we experienced a loss that taught us a lesson that made us a better person? I woke up this morning grateful for another day but noticeably kind of sad. I knew why and you'll have to wait for my book to find out, but I looked at the date and felt a little emptier. This was definitely going to be a day to sit still and stay inside. *sigh*
No greater loss has been experienced by this country in recent times like the events of 9/11. I remember that day vividly as I'm sure we all do. I was in Gastonia, NC on the first day of medical leave from from teaching job. It was some of the best sleep I could remember having and then I turned on the tv and was shocked to my core. I recall going to the grocery store and stocking up on food and calling loved ones to say I love you. I even called a former boyfriend who we were on the splits and silent treatment and we told each other we loved the other. Unfortunate that it sometimes  takes tragedy to be civil towards others. Thank God for growth.
Today so many showed their tributes in the form of pictures, poems, cards, etc. On Facebook a very dear friend and fellow entrepreneur posted that she was doing an act of kindness (Krispy Kreme doughnuts mmmm) for her local fire dept and I was inspired to do the same. She told me I need not even think about doughnuts and to whip up what she has named Lemon Cupcrack! Lol yes its just that good! I said she was right and that surely I could crank out a cake for those who would put their life on the line to save me if I for some reason forgot how to cook and set the kitchen on fire.
It was indeed an honor to do it and I actually got blessed unexpectedly in the process!
Here's the link for the Talk to Me Tuesday video I will always cherish.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRLwJzd4xX8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The Lord giveth. In tragedy and in triumph, the Lord giveth. Period.
Smooches!
Respect the Sway!

No comments:

Post a Comment