Saturday, August 4, 2012

Run away!

My legs are throbbing! And it feels soooo good... Today my son and I went to Piedmont Park and ran...ok nothing special about that..let me give you the proper intro...Picture it..Sicily..2012 lol I miss Golden Girls.
Anywho, last night was a very uncomfortable irritable evening and I know it's because of all the things I'm facing right now. I'll spare you the details because I don't believe in sending out invitations to a pity party. Womp Womp! Let's just say as head of household, I have alot on my proverbial plate. Well, after walking in circles in our apartment, I just have to walk..My son says noooo don't go. I reassure him I'm just walking down the hall and coming right back. He looks at me and I say come on. We walk to the front of the complex and I'm not satisfied. We keep going and end up at the Publix on the other side of the gate. Next thing I know, Nick says it would be a great idea to jog.
*spotlight on me and the audience is on the edge of their seats* I begin to lightly jog. He says something that stuns me for a 6 yr old. "I know it hurts but you've gotta keep going. You can do it! You'll be stronger!" *tear* We run all the way back to the apartment.
He gives me a hug and I just break down crying. My son is a little angel right now. Not the angel that most parents compare to not doing anything wrong. No he's an actual angel that gave me the comfort I needed to get through a small moment in time when I felt defeated. Most tragic events are sparked by those small moments when people feel hopeless and there's no one to talk to who can relate or even understand without being judgemental. He at his young stage doesn't even realize what he has just done. Now mind you, I haven't run in so long! I slept so hard LOL!
Well this morning he says ok are you ready to go running? OMG! I have a live in trainer!!! *passed out* That is how we ended up at Piedmont Park...and i LOVED it. We raced. We ran. He played with kids on the playground while I had some time to talk to God on the track...you know "Lord help me make it back to the other side of the track!" lol but also to give Him thanks for my life and the strength that I've had to get through the rough patches already conquered thus far. I did throw in a few requests since I had His attention :-)
I ran away from my thoughts of what if and arrived at my "right now". This is where I'm supposed to be. I dedicate this blog to a young mother we met at Atlantic Station yesterday who was throwing a football with her teenage son and tackling like a pro. She had so much energy (what I was lacking at the moment) and played with Nick while I sat still for a minute. Thank you for being my substitute while I sat on the bench. I'm back in the game!

Respect the sway!
Smooches

No comments:

Post a Comment