Sunday, August 19, 2012

Standing up knocks you down

This has been a week! I shared with a few people my disdain for all the times i chose to stand up for whats right or to do better because it seemed like I kept ending up in a situation that was extremely negative and unbearable. My body was numb and so was my desire to lift another finger to help anyone other than myself. I wasn't myself...then the phone rang.
That was 4 days ago.
Now I'm sitting in a very positive loving environment with a feeling of so much gratitude for life and for the love of TRUE friends. Support during the darkest hours of your life is more valuable than a congratulations in the triumphs. This thought brings me back to why I was put on this earth. Standing up for what should be done is my calling. I am not perfect. I'm compassionate. Big difference. Have you ever been in a predicament and just wished you could be rescued by a good Samaritan? Sometimes just a little help is all we need to get through a really rough time AND sometimes being that help for others during THEIR storm helps you get through yours!
Tonight I rest knowing that a young man and his mother are experiencing extreme bliss as he begins his college career and a bright, intelligent, loving, ambitious young lady has safe shelter and a chance to rebuild her life and her dreams after losing EVERYTHING in a fire. This work will drain you physically but overwhelm you with so much joy that it knocks you down!
God is amazing!

Smooches!
Respect the sway!

No comments:

Post a Comment